Venezuelan gov't takes over Loma de Níquel mine
"The State will take control" of the mine "through Petróleos de Venezuela (Pdvsa)," said CEO Carlos Dini
"We already made the transfer to the Venezuelan State through records and all documents," as appropriate, CEO Carlos Dini said on the telephone.
"The State will take control" of the mine "through Petróleos de Venezuela (Pdvsa)," he elaborated. As a matter of fact, "today, they are operating the site."
Dini commented that the State refrained from taking over the company "with liabilities." Hence, "we are paying the whole staff off."
He recalled that Anglo American worked for 20 years in Venezuela. "At the beginning, we were in the exploration stage of the mine. However, we would run it for 12 years. President Hugo Chávez opened the company."
With reporting by Mariela León
No pellets, tear gas or 9mm firearm projectiles were enough. Several unpublished videos confirm what some witnesses had already warned in the very afternoon of February 12: that day, the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (Sebin) shot a different type of bullets whose ammunition shells were picked up by the very officers who triggered the weapons.