Demonstration south Venezuela against victory of gov't candidate
Venezuela's National Assembly Deputy Américo De Grazia said it was a peaceful protest staged 1,500 meters from the state office of the National Electoral Council. The demonstration is against the impending proclamation of ruling party Francisco Rangel Gómez as the new governor
Accompanied by several opposition leaders, including Mayor of the Metropolitan area of Caracas Antonio Ledezma, opposition candidate Andrés Velásquez led the demonstration.
Venezuela's National Assembly Deputy Américo De Grazia asserted the protest was pacific and denied rumors over civil unrest.
"We are just 1,500 meters from the CNE's office. We are protesting against the official proclamation of Rangel Gómez, which will be made within a few minutes by the state office" of CNE, said the deputy when interviewed by daily newspaper El Universal.
De Grazia said a document presenting all legal and electoral complaints over the election held in Bolívar would be delivered to the authorities of the Electoral Power's state board.
En Twitter: @aliciadelarosa
Translated by Jhean Cabrera
As late as Tuesday, February 25, there was some visible response from Gabriela Ramírez's office. Representatives of the Office of the Ombudswoman would visit independent human rights watch groups to find what happened in connection with repression of protests. That day, they visited NGO Provea. The next day, they met with the attorneys of NGO Venezuelan Criminal Forum. They pursued specific data because -they argued- no claims of human rights violations of demonstrators had been filed with the Office of the Ombudswoman.