Chávez's supporters attend mass rallies downtown Caracas
Platforms were setup near the Presidential Palace and other areas. Chávez's supporters are attending events in support of Hugo Chávez
- Germany advises nationals to stay away from rallies in Venezuela
- Global media highlight suspension of Chávez's inauguration
- VP Maduro calls for compliance with court ruling on Chávez's swearing-in
- Capriles: Court decision solves nothing but a problem in Chávez's party
- Top court decides that President Chávez does not need to take oath again
Several platforms have been set up downtown Caracas near the Presidential Palace and other main areas. Meanwhile, President Hugo Chávez's supporters continue gathering.
Officers of different security forces have deployed downtown.
José Vicente Rangel clearly said: "We are not conducting negotiations threatened with a gun in the head." He warned behind closed doors in the midst of the social upheaval occurred during the oil strike in 2002 and 2003. Dissenting Timoteo Zambrano answered back that no other option was available: "The thing is that otherwise, you do not negotiate."