Venezuelan VP: Violent acts are unacceptable
During the settling of the Federal Council of the Government, Venezuelan Vice-President Nicolás Maduro said that President Hugo Chávez "continues fighting and making progress." Maduro remarked that the president has been fully informed by his ministers about the situation of the country
During the settling-in of the Federal Council of the Government, Venezuelan Vice-President Nicolás Maduro addressed the council's opposition members in rejection to some "violent acts" taking place in several parts of the country, particularly in the hands of university statements.
"We have been informed of unacceptable situations occurring in Táchira state (west Venezuela). We urge opposition members of the Government's General Council as well as opposition leaders to condemn, along with us, violence."
Maduro indicated that the current Government is the right track of the homeland. The vice-president also dismissed the idea that the students' demonstration expressed disagreement. "Justice, equity, and dialogue are the right choice. Talks are welcomed in peace building."
The vice-president stated that President Chávez has been duly informed by Barinas state Governor Adán Chávez, Congress' Speaker Diosdado Cabello, Solicitor General Cilia Flores, and Oil Minister Rafael Ramírez, in their recent visit to Cuba, of what is going on in the country.
Referring to Chávez's health condition, Maduro said, "The truth is that our commander is fighting. He saw him yesterday (...) the commander is making progress; he advances, and we are full of joy to see that."
No pellets, tear gas or 9mm firearm projectiles were enough. Several unpublished videos confirm what some witnesses had already warned in the very afternoon of February 12: that day, the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (Sebin) shot a different type of bullets whose ammunition shells were picked up by the very officers who triggered the weapons.