FM Jaua: Chávez's respiratory distress has increased
"We have always bet on the president's life for him to continue his work of radical transformation of Venezuelan society, so that all Venezuelans can live in dignity and justice," said Foreign Minister Elías Jaua
Venezuelan Foreign Minister Elías Jaua on Friday said that President Hugo Chávez's respiratory distress "has increased" in the last few hours. Reference was made to the Venezuelan president's health condition after he returned to Caracas and was admitted to the Dr Carlos Arvelo Military Hospital, following his fourth cancer operation, performed in Cuba last December 11.
However, Jaua told state-run television channel Venezolana de Television that despite his lingering respiratory distress, Chávez is receiving appropriate treatment for cancer and it has been positively tolerated.
"Treatment for his primary illness continues to be applied and it has been tolerated by the patient positively," said the minister.
Jaua said in Equatorial Guinea, where he participated in the III Summit of Africa and South America, that the Venezuelan Government hopes that President Chávez will return to power.
"We have always bet on the president's life for him to continue his work of radical transformation of Venezuelan society, so that all Venezuelans can live in dignity and justice," said Jaua.
No pellets, tear gas or 9mm firearm projectiles were enough. Several unpublished videos confirm what some witnesses had already warned in the very afternoon of February 12: that day, the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (Sebin) shot a different type of bullets whose ammunition shells were picked up by the very officers who triggered the weapons.